[Dnsmasq-discuss] Crashes with 2.16?

Rory Campbell-Lange rory@campbell-lange.net
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:56:32 +0000

[Sorry about the missing threading on this post -- I've just
subscribed.]

Dnsmasq Version: 2.16-2 crashed on my Debian system over the weekend,
causing much heartache. No sign of messages in the logs.

Can't debug, Simon -- service is too critical, sorry.

I did find an error in my config file, though, when I started the failed
service. I had left out two characters in a mac address. Dnsmasq
continued to load, however, and was running until the crash.

Rory

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 3.1
  APT prefers testing
    APT policy: (990, 'testing'), (500, 'unstable')
    Architecture: i386 (i686)
    Kernel: Linux 2.4.26b
    Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C

    Versions of packages dnsmasq depends on:
    ii  libc6                       2.3.2.ds1-18 GNU C Library: Shared libraries an
    ii  netbase                     4.19         Basic TCP/IP networking system

--
Rory Campbell-Lange
<rory@campbell-lange.net>