[Dnsmasq-discuss] Dnsmasq ready for corporate use?

Rory Campbell-Lange rory@campbell-lange.net
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:19:15 +0000

Apologies for the troll-like title of this email.

Following the problems with crashes with the recent Debian testing
version of Dnsmasq, I'd like to enquire if the software is ready for
fairly intensive use in an office of around 150-200 machines.

I don't wish to sound in the least bit offensive. There is other fine
software which has not yet completely stabilised which we are using on a
day-to-day basis (Dovecot, for instance). I would, however, be grateful
for an idea of the general stability and quality of the program to see
if it matches up to the excellent documentation and the positive
write-up in Linux magazine.

Cheers,
Rory
--