[Dnsmasq-discuss] Using dnsmasq with different domains for different subnets.

David Sankel David Sankel <camior@gmail.com>
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 19:18:45 +0100

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:10:25 +0000, Simon Kelley
<simon@thekelleys.org.uk> wrote:
> The obvious way to implement variable domains is to key them with netid
> tags, the same way DHCP options are selected, but netid tags can come
> from things like vendor-class information or dhcp-host options which are
> not available in the leases file either, so reconstructing the domain
> associated with a lease at startup is non-trivial.
>
> Of course I could just extend the lease file format, but that makes
> headaches for upgrading, and especially for downgrading.

Just wondering, in what instances would extending the lease file
format cause problems for upgrading?  Lets say the host column became
the fully qualified address (david.freenet.myco.com).