[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCP resolution - anwering my own question

John Grant john@oaty.com
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:44:26 +0000

To make life difficult there were two problems:

- local= is now set to /localnet/.mydomain_name.com/
  now I can understand the .myd... bit, even though the
docs
  don't make the leading . clear. But I have no idea what
the
  localnet bit does - what is it there for (or can I just
drop
  it).
- to make life hard, the mandrake 10.1 machine I was
testing
  from wasn't actually sending HOSTNAME, or HOSTID in its
  dhcp request. I just overtyped the HOSTNAME= line in
  ifcfg-etho not knowing that the real variable is
  DHCP_HOSTNAME, once I changed that it worked.

---

                       John