Fixed: was Re: [Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq + samba??)

Grant Coady grant_nospam@dodo.com.au
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:08:55 +1100

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:35:55 +0000, you wrote:
. . .

>This looks like a routing/firewall problem (probably firewall, since
>your network topology is fairly simple). Don't be mislead by the
>"getpeername" failure in the smb log - this has nothing to do with DNS
>lookups. getpeername is the system call to get the _address_ of the far
>end of a TCP connection.

After a couple of 10-Base-2 'T' pieces went open in a week I ran
CAT5 to the other room and now how run a single localnet segment.

Sometimes old hardware just can't be fixed in software ;o)

Cheers,
Grant.