[Dnsmasq-discuss] restricting listening interfaces only for DHCP

Dimitrios Apostolou jimis@gmx.net
Tue, 03 May 2005 17:29:17 +0300

Hello list,

I really like dnsmasq, it's small and helps avoid using ISC's giants,
dhcpd and bind, for simple cases. However I can't figure out a way to do
the following:

DHCP should listen only to eth0 since I don't want to give my IP's to
anyone from outside. However DNS should listen to all interfaces so that
I can advertise my domain hostnames outside my site.

Do you think this is possible using dnsmasq? Any help would be
appreciated, thanks in advance,

Dimitris

P.S. Please cc replies directly to me since I'm not (yet) subscribed to
the list.