[Dnsmasq-discuss] Re: Looking for 2 DNS Servers in Toronto, Canada which allow Recursive Query

gypsy gypsy at iswest.com
Tue Aug 23 03:04:30 BST 2005

kwon wrote:

> On 8/14/2005 20:19, kwon wrote:
> > dnsmasq[]: nameserver 65.39.196.215 refused to do a recursive query
> > dnsmasq[]: nameserver 65.39.192.130 refused to do a recursive query
> >
> > I have the above problem since I switched ISP here in Toronto.
> > Can anyone please suggest a couple of freely available DNS servers in
> > the Toronto (Ontario, Canada) area? Free not only as at no cost but as
> > in freedom and beer.
> > Thanks!
> > Kwon
>
> Anyone! :-(

The best suggestion I can make from Los Angeles is to try using the
servers from your prior ISP.  AFAIK there are no "pay for" servers, and
many ISPs do not restrict who can use a server.

Another possible alternative is NSLOOKUP.EXE, asking for NS records for
providers in your area.  If you can't find NSLOOKUP.EXE, I can Email it
to you; 96Kb zipped.
--
gypsy