[Dnsmasq-discuss] Help me please! Multiple IPs on one interface - not working

Sorin Panca sorin.panca at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 19:58:54 GMT 2005

I already sent a message on this topic with my problem. If anyone have
had similar problems (and could resolve them) I wait to hear.
dnsmasq is the perfect tool for what I need here and if i have to
replace it I would have to use 3 other programs: ISC dhcpd, ISC bind and
squid.
But it doesn't work with multiple IPs on the same interface. In the
make a note:
Q: Is the support for multiple IPs in programs dependant of the low
level driver for the NIC used? If other programs work well with multiple
IPs on the same interfaces, does dnsmasq need to work too?

Note: I have 3 eepro100 in my computer. I have aliases on eth0
(connected to the Internet) and eth1 (conected to one LAN). I only
provide DHCP on the aliases of eth1 and on eth2, which has only one IP
address.

Thank you in advance! Nice program anyway.