[Dnsmasq-discuss] Re: Problem with multihomed interface

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Mon Jan 2 11:19:39 GMT 2006

> Lutz Pressler wrote:
>> Your compiled binary probably lacks RTNETLINK support
>
> You are right. I'm testing a recompiled version now...
>
> Perhaps dnsmasq should print some of the configured options to the
> syslog on startup, that would have made this easier to diagnose.

Good idea, I've added the status of RTNETLINK support to the compile time
options which get logged at startup, and printed by dnsmasq -v. I've also
added code to log if netlink support is compiled in, but then disabled at
run-time.

Recent versions are supposed to enable rtnetlink when compiled with uclibc
(2.22 didn't, but >=2.23 should...) I'll check that out, and get back to
you....