[Dnsmasq-discuss] wpad and DNS ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Tue Jan 10 15:36:20 GMT 2006

Greetings ...

	A little off topic, but I'm hoping somebody can help ...

	I'm looking at using automatic proxy setup, hoping to use SRV and TXT
records, but I don't really understand either.

	At http://www.wlug.org.nz/WPAD it says add the following ...

$ORIGIN host.co.nz.
  wpad            IN      A       192.168.0.254
                  IN      TXT     "service:
wpad:!http://wpad.host.co.nz:80/proxy.pac"
  wpad.tcp        IN      SRV     0 0 80 wpad.host.co.nz.

	But I don't know how to tell dnsmasq what is what, it looks totally
different to the examples in the dnsmasq.conf, could I ask somebody to
help me with this.

Thanks
Mailed
Lee