[Dnsmasq-discuss] wpad and DNS ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Wed Jan 11 10:13:14 GMT 2006

Simon Kelley wrote:
> I have no practical experience of this stuff, the only clues I can see
> is that the wpad draft references RFC 2052, but RFC 2782 (which mandates
> underscores) came out after that draft expired, and explicitly obsoletes
> RFC 2052.
	As I said, I thought that there was a newer version some where ...

> Thanks to the magic of a publically-archived mailing list, our
> collective wisdom is already on its way into Google....
	Agreed, but one more explain in the config is always good ... ;-)

> "man syslog.conf" is your friend: dnsmasq logs queries as facility
> daemon, level debug.
	Okay, I will have to figure this one out, because I normally see the
dns logs on my console ... I'm doing this for LDAP, but was wondering,
does not syslog get too many things already ... As you said, read the
man page ...

	Thanks again.

Mailed
Lee