[Dnsmasq-discuss] Openwrt and reboots again...

Stephen Rose s9999 at penguinmail.com
Wed Feb 1 21:15:30 GMT 2006

Simon Kelley wrote:

> Feedback from the DHCP gurus was positive, so I've built a test version
> which should behave better under these circumstances (as long as
> "dhcp-authoritative" is set in /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
>
> I'll send you a copy by private mail, please could you test it?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Simon.

So far, it seems to work quite well.  I rebooted the router, checked for
an empty leases file, renewed the lease, and checked everything again.
I had an entry in the leases file and the log showed a DHCPREQUEST -
DHCPACK sequence.  And my Putty windows stayed up.  Hooray!  I haven't
tried the case where the address is already in use, though.  Actually,
I'm not sure how to arrange for that.  Dnsmasq seems to not pick
addresses sequentially.  But it looks good.  Thanks.

Steve