[Dnsmasq-discuss] Matching any domain in -A

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Wed Feb 8 18:39:51 GMT 2006

Peter Surda wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the docs state that:

> Thus --address=/#/1.2.3.4 will always return 1.2.3.4 for any query not
> answered from /etc/hosts or  DHCP  and  not sent to an upstream
> nameserver by a more specific --server directive.
>
> However I can't reproduce this behaviour. When I do:

<snip valid test>

> Did I misunderstand something or is this a bug? 2.26 BTW.

It's a bug, introduced in 2.24 by the changes in domain-matching rules.
I doubt that particular facility gets used much!

I'll fix it for the next release. In the meantime I suggest downgrading
to 2.23, or, if that's not desirable, mail me for a 2.27test version.

Thanks for the report.