[Dnsmasq-discuss] Administrivia

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Mon Feb 20 15:04:58 GMT 2006

Simon Kelley wrote:
> Unless anybody objects, I plan to change the default "Reply-to" header
> on the list to be the list address.
>
> It seems that many people hate this, but the existing arrangement means
> that to reply to the list, rather than just the original poster, one has
> to hit "reply-all" and then the original poster gets two copies of the
> reply: one via the list and one direct.
>
> As I'm the most frequent poster to the list, that means I get lots of
> duplicate replies. But as I'm the admin, I can do something about it!

if you are running a modern copy of mailman, your problems would be
solved.  It will eliminate the duplicate address by not sending anyone a
copy of a message via the mailing list if they are on the to/cc list.
with a current copy of mailman, you can maintain the proper setup for
the mailing list (reply to sender) and people can continue to use the
current e-mail clients with a broken user interface (no reply to mailing
list, only reply all).

yes, I know it's more work but it's the right thing to do.