[Dnsmasq-discuss] replacing bind even more

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Fri Apr 14 15:03:49 BST 2006

Simon Kelley wrote:
> Not directly: dnsmasq need a recursive nameserver to talk to, and that
> is not going to change. You might be able to use djbdns as the recursive
> server, and have dnsmasq talk to that.

thanks for the info.  I may put in a recursive name server but I think
I'll hold true to my commitment to never use anything by djb.

not that I have any spare time or anything like that but it probably
would be amusing/an interesting project to create a recursive only name
server to sit in front of dnsmasq.  After I finish recovering from the
"my laptop that died two days after I backed up only some of the data"
event, I may take a look at components that might be available.

thanks again