[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq stops forwarding queries

Holger Mauermann holger at mauermann.org
Mon May 8 18:22:19 BST 2006

Hi,

I have a problem with dnsmasq doesn't answer DNS queries from the LAN
after some time. With query-log enabled I noticed that it stops
forwarding the queries to the upstream servers. The only workaround I've
found at this time is 'touch /etc/resolv.conf'. Then it works again for
some hours or days. resolv.conf is a static file and is not changed from
external programs.

>From the query-log:

query[A] cgi.ebay.de from 10.0.0.215
forwarded cgi.ebay.de to xx.xx.xx.xx
reply cgi.ebay.de is <CNAME>
reply cgi-intl.ebay.com is 216.113.183.106

and after some time it shows

query[A] cgi.ebay.de from 10.0.0.215
query[A] cgi.ebay.de.lan from 10.0.0.215
config cgi.ebay.de.lan is <NXDOMAIN>-IPv4

until I restart dnsmasq or run 'touch /etc/resolv.conf'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Holger