[Dnsmasq-discuss] problem with forwarders

kranas at freemail.gr kranas at freemail.gr
Fri May 26 07:22:45 BST 2006

Hi
I have installed dnsmasq to my linux box running suse 10.
First of all I would like to say that is is a great program.
My linux box is connected to 2 local subnets, 1 wireless subnet
and to internet with a dsl router.
Using dnsmasq i provide dhcp service to my 2 local subnets.
Also I'm giving access to the dsl line to my local subnets and
part of the wireless network.

In the wireless network there is another dns server running (say 10.0.0.1),
providing dns service for names belonging to the wireless netowork
but also does this for internet domains.

If in my resolv file I add only the dns server 10.0.0.1
then all queries are responed successfully. But I would like
internet names to be resolved from my internet dns server
and names belonging to the wireless network resolved from 10.0.0.1
If I add in resolv.conf file first the internet dns server and
second the 10.0.0.1 then internet queries are answered but queries
regarding the wireless net are not answered.

Any help please;