[Dnsmasq-discuss] Host names not shown in dnsmasq.lease

Davide Ferrari davide.ferrari at atrapalo.com
Mon Jun 19 12:58:53 BST 2006

Hi list

I'm using dnsmasq 2.31 and I'm experiencing a little problem with my DHCP
configuration.
I've got some SIP phones (Thomson Speedtouch 2030 v1.42) which act as dhcp
client and that get correctly their IP from my dnsmasq server. Every phone
moreover is configured to send it's name to the dhcp server, but this name is
not reflected in /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.lease file...I've got the IPs and the
MAC addresses but no hostname is displayed. I don't know if this is a bug in
dnsmasq or a bug in the softphone...but I don't even know how to debug more
accurately this problem. I know the --no-daemon mode but the server is in
production and it cannot be touched so easily...maybe could be useful the
traffic generated from this SIP phones when broadcasting for DHCP?

--
Davide Ferrari
System Administrator