[Dnsmasq-discuss] how to set dhcp to give subnet 255.255.255.255 ??

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Wed Jul 12 14:01:34 BST 2006

dny wrote:
> is there a way i can setup dhcp to give ip to users with subnet
> 255.255.255.255 ???
>
> i want to set this for my wifi network,
> so that all users cannot connect to other users.
> all they allow is to access to the internet gateway.
>
> i have gprs connection to operator that gives me private ip with this subnet and
> my ip is also the gateway. so it only allow us connect to the internet.
>

> how can i implement this?

It's not clear exactly what you want to do, but my guess is that you
want clients to be given a netmask of 255.255.255.255, so that all
traffic goes via the default route.

In that case, adding

dhcp-option=1,255.255.255.255

should  work. 1 is the DHCP option number for the netmask DHCP option,
and setting this explicitly will override that default value which
dnsmasq sends otherwise.

HTH

Simon