[Dnsmasq-discuss] v2.34 on Openbsd 4.0 not responding to DHCP (DNS works).

Jeb Campbell jebc at c4solutions.net
Thu Oct 19 17:11:42 BST 2006

Simon Kelley wrote:
> Given only that information, the obvious thing to check is packet-filter
> rules: the safest thing to do is leave alone anything to or from ports
> 67 and 68, with any source and destination addresses _including_broadcast_.
>
> If that doesn't fix it, I'm happy to look further: I have a test
> installation of FreeBSD, but my OpenBSD image has bit-rotted. I guess an
> new 4.0-on-qemu install is the way to go.

Packet filter appears ok -- my rules haven't changed and I added this:
pass quick inet proto udp from port {67, 68} to port {67, 68}

tcpdump on dnsmasq host is showing the packets.

I even tried v2.23 from ports on a stock 4.0 system and got nothing --
so maybe Openbsd broke something...

If you want to install, 4.0 won't be released for another 2 weeks but
the latest snapshot is from the 18th of October.

If you don't want to install, I could give you ssh, or you could give me
detailed debug instructions (you have once before, I just need to find
the email...)

Thanks again,
Jeb

--