[Dnsmasq-discuss] How to use dnsmasq as a dhcp server only

Claudio Roberto Cussuol claudio at brazilfw.com.br
Mon Oct 23 18:07:29 BST 2006

> well, it would be nice to have a recursive DNS component
> independent of dnsmasq because I hate counting on external servers
> unless there is no other alternative.

I have this problem too.

I'm using some kind of redundant links. I have links of 2 diferent companies,
dns from company A don't work when i'm using the link of B and vice-versa....

On the other hand, I am just
> using openDNS as my external name servers and that certainly works
> fine... usually.
>>
>> IWFM, and I'm happy with it.
>>
> For the simplicity, dnsmasq definitely wins.

Of course.

I tried MaraDns as recursive and authoritative dns server and like it a lot.
My only problem now is to disable dns part of dnsmasq in order to use the port
number 53.

I will keep the first question: Is it possible to have an option to disable the
dns part of dnsmasq?

Thank you both for the answers.