[Dnsmasq-discuss] Multiple server interaction with multiple subnets

Data Control Systems - Mike Elkevizth mike at dcsamerica.com
Wed Dec 6 19:54:39 GMT 2006

Thank you for the response. I am not really sure how the DHCP-relay works.
The main reason I haven't tried this before, and I will study into that
option, is that the subnets are connected through a VPN. They are three
separate router boxes all connected through the internet. There is a high
probability that these connections can be down for some periods of time
where the servers cannot communicate with each other. While I would love to
say that this won't happen, it will, and I would like each subnet to still
be able to continue working (workstations on the local subnet communicating
with the local server) even when this occurs. I believe that the relay will
probably not be able to pass out DHCP addresses if it loses connection with
the main DHCP server (this is what I will look into). So if you know a way
to set up multiple dnsmasq to do what I was looking for I would still
appreciate a quick how-to

Thank You,

Mike Elkevizth