[Dnsmasq-discuss] How do I start/stop it?

Carlos Carvalho carlos at fisica.ufpr.br
Sat Jan 6 02:53:17 GMT 2007

Carl (marsepein at gmail.com) wrote on 6 January 2007 03:31:
 >I must be missing it, but I can't find how to start stop reload
 >restart dnsmasq (in linux).
 >A short tutorial on how to actually start it at boot and such would be nice.

You should use a distribution package, which when installed does all
this automatically. If you're installing it yourself you have to know
how to administer your machine.

 >Think I may be better off with bind after all. Config of this
 >dhcp-engine is a hell, and I don't need dhcp.

It's just the opposite: there'll be no dhcp if you don't explicitly
ask for it. dhcp configuration is cumbersome but dns config is really
simple.