[Dnsmasq-discuss] Announce: dnsmasq-2.36

Carlos Carvalho carlos at fisica.ufpr.br
Tue Jan 23 18:30:03 GMT 2007

Thanks for the new release.

Simon Kelley (simon at thekelleys.org.uk) wrote on 21 January 2007 20:24:
 >             Send netmask and broadcast address DHCP options always,
 >             even if the client doesn't request them. This makes a few
 >             odd clients work better.

Can I still disable sending them?

I had lots of problems with clients that only accept small packets. I
had to build 3 levels of dhcp configs, and specify which for each
machine, which makes the dhcp config nearly 1000 lines long... I [have
the illusion that I] control what's sent and what isn't. I'm worried
by the broadcast, it's not necessary because it can be calculated from
the address and mask, and it'll take space in the packet. I disabled
sending it in the problematic clients.

 >             Added FAQ entry about running dnsmasq in a Linux
 >             vserver. Thanks to Gildas le Nadan for the information.

Odd observation: net_admin is not necessary if you don't need arp
injection, either in a vserver or not. This is the case when the
machine running dnsmasq already knows the mac's.