[Dnsmasq-discuss] cache confusion

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Thu Jan 25 00:09:00 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 14:35, Simon Kelley wrote:
> Carla Schroder wrote:
> > I'm confused about dnsmasq's DNS cache. I know that it works, and works
> > well. Is there a way to see the contents of the cache?
>
> Yes, it's easiest to start dnsmasq in debug mode (-d) which keeps it in
> the foreground. Then when you want to see the current cache contents,
> send dnsmasq SIGUSR1 like this:
>
> killall -USR1 dnsmasq
>
> and a dump will be printed to the terminal.

One more question, and I did try to find an answer on my own- what do the
cache flags mean?  (Expires column snipped)

dnsmasq: Host                Address                                Flags
dnsmasq: stinkpad.alrac.net     192.168.1.102                  4FRI   H
dnsmasq: localhost                   127.0.0.1                        4F I   H
dnsmasq: i.cnn.net                   64.236.16.137                  4F
dnsmasq: m1.2mdn.net.edgesuite.net    a509.cd.akamai.net             CF

thanks!

--
Carla Schroder