[Dnsmasq-discuss] (no subject)

Jan 'RedBully' Seiffert redbully at cc.fh-luh.de
Mon Feb 12 19:31:41 GMT 2007

mmarkk wrote:

> I have some problems building dnsmasq for mipsel-uclibc target. The
> problem is the 2 calls to function "prctl" that are in dnsmasq.c . While
> compiling, I get these errors from ld:
>
> dnsmasq.o: In function 'main':
> dnsmasq.o (.text+0xae0): undefined reference to 'prctl'
> dnsmasq.o (.text+0xb90): undefined reference to 'prctl'
>
> What prctl() is used for? Which library or include file contains it?

from my man prctl:

> NAME
>        prctl - operations on a process
> CONFORMING TO
>        This call is Linux-specific.  IRIX has a prctl() system call (also introduced in Linux 2.1.44 as  irix_prctl  on  the
>        MIPS architecture), with prototype
>
>        ptrdiff_t prctl(int option, int arg2, int arg3);

dnsmasq seems to adjust two things:
1) Adjust the POSIX capabilities (unfortunately they never became a
standard, but Linux implements them), for ex.: you can open a priviliged
Port while not being root.
2) Enable core dumps

Both can be "ignored" (modulo that 1) deals with permissions)

So maybe some #ifdef __LINUX__ or something like that may help.

> mmarkk

Greetings
	Jan

--