[Dnsmasq-discuss] Announce: dnsmasq-2.38

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Mon Feb 12 21:06:54 GMT 2007

Dennis Veatch wrote:
> On Monday 12 February 2007 03:50:07 pm Simon Kelley wrote:
>
>>In an attempt to increase the average release-rate after the long gap
>>over christmas, I've released dnsmasq 2.38. :-)
>>
>>Seriously, this fixes a problem introduced in 2.37 which can cause
>>dnsmasq to hang, using 100% CPU. It's not clear how likely it is for
>>this bug to occur in reality: I've had exactly one report. I think that
>>at least one infinite-time DHCP lease must exist before the problem
>>occurs, and I suspect that other conditions are also required.
>>

> Ohhh, so that's what I have been experiencing. :)
>
> I wondered what the heck was going on cause nothing was showing up in the
> logs.

Correction: I've had exactly two reports!

For giggles, the faulty code was:

     if (crecp->flags & F_IMMORTAL)
         while (*up && (!(*up)->flags & F_IMMORTAL))
           up = &((*up)->hash_next);

which should, (of course) have been:

     if (crecp->flags & F_IMMORTAL)
         while (*up && !((*up)->flags & F_IMMORTAL))
           up = &((*up)->hash_next);