[Dnsmasq-discuss] (no subject)

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Tue Feb 13 17:17:00 GMT 2007

mmarkk wrote:

> maybe all of this is because my processor does not handle floating point?
>
> cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor               : 0
> cpu model               : MIPS 4KEc V4.8
> BogoMIPS                : 149.91
> wait instruction        : no
> microsecond timers      : yes
> extra interrupt vector  : yes
> hardware watchpoint     : yes
> VCED exceptions         : not available
> VCEI exceptions         : not available

If that's case, you're going to get bitten in a few other places in the
dnsmasq code.

Do you have floating point functions available in your C library? The
solution might be as simple as building dnsmasq with

make COPTS=-msoft-float

to force the compiler to insert calls to the library instead of FP
instructions.