[Dnsmasq-discuss] about 2.38

Carlos Carvalho carlos at fisica.ufpr.br
Sun Feb 18 19:19:37 GMT 2007

In the man page
-O, --dhcp-option=[<network-id>,...[vendor:[<vendor-class>],]<opt>,
                                                    *********
I think it should be

-O, --dhcp-option=[<network-id>,...[vendor:[<vendor-class>,]]<opt>,

Also in

"This  works  in exactly the same way as --dhcp-otion except that
                                                ***** option
the option will always be sent, even of the client does not  ask"
                                     **
should be if.

"This is sometimes needed, for example when sending options to
PXELinux."

I hope the client knows how to handle these extra options. Can you
give an example of which option is not asked for but necessary and
works?

I've carefully built configs for each machine specifying exactly the
options I want sent. It's important to know what is really sent. I'd
like to have a debug/trace option to see "sending option <no.>=xyz" in
the logs so that I can choose between dhcp-option and
dhcp-option-force.

In

"Dnsmasq is a DNS query forwarder: it  it  not  capable  of
                                       **
should be is.

In

"Clearly to do this the value of --dhcp-max must be  increased
                                   ********
should be dhcp-lease-max.