[Dnsmasq-discuss] Problems with SRV Queries

Edson 4lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 12:31:40 GMT 2007

Hi, All...

I'm facing some really wierd situation here...
I have a Grandstream that depends on a SRV querie to resolve the SIP server
address. When I define a SRV clause in the DNSMasq config file, and
configure the Grandstream to use it as DNS server, it works smoothly, the
registration is successful. But if I don't, I see the querie being forwarded
to the DNS upstream server, but the answer never hits the Grandestream. And
if I configure the Grandstream to use DNS upstream server directly (the same
that DNSMasq points to) it works.

I already upgraded from 2.36 to 2.38 version and got the same behavior.

Any hints?

Edson.