[Dnsmasq-discuss] A test release?

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Wed Mar 28 20:44:40 BST 2007

In the past, I have not generally made "release candidate" releases of
dnsmasq. In general this has worked OK, but it has lead to some
occasions when "full" releases have been superceded quickly and
withdrawn because of bugs and regressions. The last release took from
2.36 to 2.38 to really stabilise, for instance.

Now that the list exists, and has a set of regulars, I think it might be
time to try making a release candidate and announcing it to the list,
with a test time of a couple of weeks or so, before making a final
release and announcing it to the world.

What do people think? Could you/would you test a RC binary?