[Dnsmasq-discuss] feature requests...

Carlos Carvalho carlos at fisica.ufpr.br
Sat Mar 31 16:04:33 BST 2007

Since it seems Simon is including new features I'll ask for my two pet
ones :-)

I'd like to be able to specify separate interface lists for dns and
dhcp services. I have tens of subnets where I don't need dns, just
dhcp, and I'd like to not have a dns server in them.

The second feature is the possibility of specifying a different hosts
file for each subnet. With a single file all names in all subnets are
available to each machine, which is generating noise even though
traffic is blocked. This could be avoided if it were possible to tell
dnsmasq only the hosts allowed in each subnet.