[Dnsmasq-discuss] Max cache entries.

Lauro Costa laurocgb at yahoo.com.br
Sat Apr 21 01:39:35 BST 2007

 I'm running linux as a router, serving other 2
machines, both with windows, this gateway machine is
used as a desktop, for now. On all three machines I
have dns servers in this order: gateway/isp dns1/isp
dns2, we have a cable connection, 2 megabits. The
gateway machine is up 24x7, of course.

 I set the cache to 450 entries, would you consider
setting this close to 1000 bad for performance, I
don't know how dnsmasq will behave with a file this
big...but I guess it's just unnecessary
paranoia...right

 thanks,

 lauro