[Dnsmasq-discuss] Using Machine Name to Allocate IP Address Rather

Rajeshwar rajeshwar at primesoftsolutionsinc.com
Sun Jun 3 11:07:28 BST 2007

Hi,

I installed a dnsmasq.conf file successfully. And the DHCP is working fine.
My requirement is I want to do MAC based authentication.

When I tried to give the MAC address = IP Address. Its not taking

Example:

I have 10 computer and 5 laptops in my organization. If somebody will bring
the laptop and plug the network cable he will get the IP where he can see
all the data. Which Is wrong. The moment he will plug the cable he should
not get the IP because the mac address is not in the file.

So please tell me where and how to configure.

Regards,
Rajeshwar
Rajeshwarrao.ammu (skype)