[Dnsmasq-discuss] Ignoring a set of MAC addresses

Dermot Bradley dermot.bradley at sla-mobile.com
Sun Jul 8 19:15:40 BST 2007

In /etc/dnsmasq.conf I can use multiple lines of the form:

dhcp-host=00:01:02:03:04:05,ignore
dhcp-host=00:01:02:03:04:06,ignore

to ignore a set of specific MAC addresses. Is there any easier way to do
this? I'd like to have a set of maybe 40 or so MAC addresses to ignore
but can't just do it based on vendor MAC prefix.

The ideal solution would be some way to read a text file of MAC
addresses to ignore (similar to /etc/ethers for static mappings).

Stirk, Lamont & Associates Ltd.
Registered Address: Thomas Andrews House, Queens Road, Belfast,  BT3 9DU
Registered in Northern Ireland, Number: NI 47983. VAT Number: 832 2778 22