[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCP Issue

Steven steven3k at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 11:56:21 BST 2007

Hi,
I have a problem setting up a dhcp server using dnsmasq.

Seems that the server is working fine but the client are not able to
get an ip address.
The interface on the server is configured to have a static IP address,
and on the client DHCP is used (obviously).
The client sends a DHCPDISCOVER packet, dnsmasq receives it and sends
a DHCPOFFER packet, but the client doesn't recognizes this packet (i
think).
With other dhcp server (as dhcp3-server) everything is working fine,
so i suspect this may be an issue with dnsmasq or my config file.

I'm using Ubuntu, Feisty Fawn, Linux steven-laptop 2.6.20-16-generic
#2 SMP Thu Jun 7 20:19:32 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux

Attached there are my config file, the syslog of the server, the ouput
of dhclient, and a wireshark capture file (captured on the CLIENT).

Cheers,
Steven

PS: i'm resending this email in plaintext because according to the
list archive the text has been stripped out (
http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2007q3/001500.html
)