[Dnsmasq-discuss] Multiple mac addresses to one ip

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 17:06:47 BST 2007

Hi list,

I've just recently discovered dnsmasq through openwrt.  I'm trying to
setup my laptop to get the same IP for dns reasons no matter wether I
use the ethernet or wireless card.  I have two MAC addresses set to
the same IP in /etc/ethers in the following order:

00:18:de:20:9a:c5       192.168.4.128
<snip>
00:E0:B8:AE:40:5F       192.168.4.128

the first line is the wireless and the second line is the ethernet.
dnsmasq seems to honour the second line in ethers but not the first
line.  is there a way to configure it to honour both?

Thanks in advance,
Yaakov Nemoy