[Dnsmasq-discuss] Error "Ignoring DHCP host name ... illegal domain part"

Lars Noodén lars at umich.edu
Tue Aug 21 10:51:13 BST 2007

I would like dnsmasq to dole out IP numbers to any client connecting via
one specific ethernet interface on the server.  I've installed dnsmasq
and it seems to work for the most part, but does not dole out IP numbers.

Looking at the error log, I see the following error message for each
connection attempt:

	"Ignoring DHCP host name foo.local because it has an
	illegal domain part"

I'm probably missing something fairly obvious in the configuration,
where should I be looking?

If it matters, this question is with Dnsmasq v 2.31 on OpenBSD 4.1.

Regards,
-Lars