[Dnsmasq-discuss] illegal domain part warnings

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Sun Sep 2 15:30:14 BST 2007

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007, Stephen Atty wrote:
> 1) Do I just ignore the message and leave things as
> they are
> 2) Tweak dnsmasq to stop it reporting the error
> 3) Tweak my XP config so its primary DNS suffix
> changes when I'm at home (I assume that it is this
> that is causing the message to be reported)

  Not sure about 1), but 2) might be as easy as "install dnsmasq 2.40,"
because I believe there's some sort of fix for that there (as per a
previous discussion on the subject elsewhere).  3) is probably just
removing the network name from, uh, whatever that panel is titled
("Network Name"?) when you right-click on "My Computer" (or go to Control
Panel -> System), and go to the second or so tab.  Can't quite remember
the details. :-)

      Jima