[Dnsmasq-discuss] GPL v3

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 19:09:17 BST 2007

On 9/11/07, Lars Noodén <lars at umich.edu> wrote:
>         starting from y1/m1/d1 there is a choice of GPLv2 or GPLv3
>         after y2/m2/d2 we will begin using GPLv3 only

I like this idea a lot. It gives you the opportunity to gauge reaction
to the shift better than simple discussion. If you make the period
between date1 and date2 six months or a year, you'll be well-armed to
make the case for your final decision, whether it's to keep with that
track (eventual move to GPLv3 only) or stick with allowing the option
of either v2 or v3.

Cristóbal M. Palmer
celebrating 15 years of sunsite/metalab/ibiblio:

More information about the Dnsmasq-discuss mailing list