[Dnsmasq-discuss] GPL v3

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Wed Sep 12 10:01:29 BST 2007

Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
> On 9/11/07, Lars Noodén <lars at umich.edu> wrote:
>>         starting from y1/m1/d1 there is a choice of GPLv2 or GPLv3
>>         after y2/m2/d2 we will begin using GPLv3 only
> I like this idea a lot. It gives you the opportunity to gauge reaction
> to the shift better than simple discussion. If you make the period
> between date1 and date2 six months or a year, you'll be well-armed to
> make the case for your final decision, whether it's to keep with that
> track (eventual move to GPLv3 only) or stick with allowing the option
> of either v2 or v3.

Agreed. It also gives the ability to advertise the forthcoming license
change in the CHANGELOG, which will reach more people than this
discussion and reduce the chance of springing nasty suprises.



More information about the Dnsmasq-discuss mailing list