[Dnsmasq-discuss] Local domains and local hosts

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Fri Sep 21 17:05:28 BST 2007

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Lars Noodén wrote:
> Thanks Jima and Simon.  The new code causes host to respond as expected.

  No problem.  Just happy to watch the open source model work effectively.
:-)

> Part of the problem is that IPv6 is still on my list of things to do.
> Hopefully by March, I'll be able to re-do the LAN.

  I hear ya.  It'd be nice if IPv6 were more prevalent here in the States.
I hear it's pretty good in Asia and getting better in Europe.  Things
would be really bleak if not for the tunnel providers.

> I've taken a quick look again at the man page and the sample
> configuration file and see no (obvious) mention if 'address=" can be
> used to return IPv6 addresses.  That might also be a work-around.

  It can, and it is.  That's how I initially narrowed it down to being
IPv6-related.  Might be worth a reference in the docs, though.

      Jima