[Dnsmasq-discuss] gcc warnings during build

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Wed Sep 26 16:47:48 BST 2007

Simon (et al),

  Matt Domsch (who does periodic rebuilds of Fedora packages to offer early
warnings of failures) brought to my attention a couple of warnings
produced during the dnsmasq build process:

http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/mock-results-core/x86_64/dnsmasq-2.40-1.fc8.src.rpm/result/build.log

  Particularly, I think he's concerned with:

dbus.c:115: warning: call to __builtin___memcpy_chk will always overflow destination buffer

  As my C skills are pitiful at best (probably more like "atrocious" by
now), I defer to you.  False positive?  Very bad thing?  Whiny gcc? :-)

  Thanks!

      Jima