[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCP Discover messages are not being answered

Philippe Faure philippe at faure.ca
Fri Sep 28 03:35:23 BST 2007

Hello,

I have been using dnsmasq for some time now without issue.  I am now trying to
add another PC to the system.  Currently, I have have two PC (windows) both
connected to a wireless router which forwards all requests to the dnsmasq.
This works without any problems.

This third PC (debian etch), is also being added via the wireless network also.
As far as I can tell this third PC is connecting to the wireless router (since
the router does know it's MAC address). My problem is that the DHCPDISCOVER
messages seem to not get answered. I am using DHCP-client as the DHCP client.
There is encryption on the wireless router, which I have also setup, otherwise
the router wouldn't recognize this third connection.

I was wondering is there was another setup requirement for dnsmasq to add a
dbian box, versus linux?
Is there somewhere (besides syslog) which would tell me whether the DHCP
Discover messages are even getting to the dnsmasq server?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you

Philippe