[Dnsmasq-discuss] short names not being returned?

digitek digitek at charter.net
Sun Dec 16 15:21:19 GMT 2007

richardvoigt at gmail.com said the following on 12/16/2007 08:51 AM:
> On Dec 16, 2007 12:01 PM, digitek <digitek at charter.net> wrote:
>> Hello.
>> I'm running dnsmasq v2.38.  Short names for machines on my
>
> Any reason you're using an old version?

Just haven't updated.  I just pulled down 2.40 from rpmforge and updated now.

> Is it not answering queries for "bst.localnet"?

Hmm.. I guess it works if the machine has acquired a dhcp lease.
I was under the impression it would resolve whatever was in dnsmasq.conf
regardless if the machine was online or not.

Sorry all, guess it's just pebkac on my part.

Thanks

digitek at charter.net
key id: 0xF6FA6D1E