[Dnsmasq-discuss] dhcp-option=121 doesn't seem to work

Guennadi Liakhovetski g.liakhovetski at gmx.de
Wed Dec 19 14:38:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

I need to set a (not default) route for a specific host only, and there is
a default route entry as well. So, I tried in dnsmasq.conf

dhcp-option=3,<default-gateway>
dhcp-option=<client-ip>,121,<target-network>/24,<gateway-ip>

where gateway-ip and client-ip are from the same network. Then I run
wireshark on the client during the dhcp configuration, and see no 121
option set. dnsmasq from Debian-etch (stable) version 2.35-1. Also tried
without the <client-ip> - the same. Am I doing anything wrong?

And as I am already at it - is there a way with dnsmasq to only allow
specific hosts get dhcp leases? I do need a dhcp-range entry in any case.
If, say, I have only 3 clients on my network I can specify the range as
x.y.z.1-x.y.z.3, but if only x.y.z.1 is online, will the rest not be
available for arbitrary hosts?

Thanks
Guennadi
---