[Dnsmasq-discuss] force broadcast BOOTP reply

Bodo Bellut bodo at bellut.net
Sat Jan 12 01:10:36 GMT 2008

Hi,

> > Then I'd like to request a configuration option, if possible per client. I
> > don't want to risk other clients stopping to work because of this.
> >

> OK, try
>
> http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/test-releases/dnsmasq-2.41test28.tar.gz

Wow...

> It uses the tagging system, so you can force broadcast for only BOOTP
> like this:

Works like a charm, thanks a lot.

For another PXE client I have to disable PMTU discovery on the machine
running dnsmasq (known Intel LANDesk problem). Do you think there's a
solution to this without globally disabling PMTU discovery?

cu, Bodo
--
Bodo Bellut          bodo at bellut.net         |     USE PGP!       +-----------+
Stangefolstr. 17     Fax/Mobile:   just ask  | (key via server    |\  O---m  /|