[Dnsmasq-discuss] disable PMTU discovery (was: orce broadcast BOOTP reply)

Bodo Bellut bodo at bellut.net
Sat Jan 12 18:37:27 GMT 2008

Hi,

[snip]

> > For another PXE client I have to disable PMTU discovery on the machine
> > running dnsmasq (known Intel LANDesk problem). Do you think there's a
> > solution to this without globally disabling PMTU discovery?
> >

> A new area for me:
>
> http://www.linux.com/base/ldp/howto/Adv-Routing-HOWTO/lartc.cookbook.mtu-discovery.html
>
> seems to indicate that it's possible to do it for a subnet (and maybe an
> individual host) using the routing table. Is that the sort of thing you
> mean?

This would be an option. I just found another solution in the Squid
sources to disable PMTU discovery on a connection basis:

   int i = IP_PMTUDISC_DONT;
   setsockopt(conn->fd, SOL_IP, IP_MTU_DISCOVER, &i, sizeof i);

If you could put this in, too, I'd be more than happy.

cu, Bodo
--
Bodo Bellut          bodo at bellut.net         |     USE PGP!       +-----------+
Stangefolstr. 17     Fax/Mobile:   just ask  | (key via server    |\  O---m  /|