[Dnsmasq-discuss] Wrong DNS server

Didster didster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 09:58:14 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have been using DNSMASQ for quite some time now, and generally it's
great.  We have one strange issue though.  Things work fine for days, then
all of a sudden, something starts giving out the wrong DNS server to
clients.

Our DNS server is 10.0.0.6, and this is set in dnsmasq.conf.
But, at random times, the client machines end up with a DNS server of
192.168.0.1.  All other options are set fine.
A simple ipconfig /renew fixes this, and it goes back to 10.0.0.6 and all is
well until next time.

I did find this

http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2007q2/001459.html

Which seems to be the same issue I am having.  My machine is also
multihomed.

Thanks
Simon