[Dnsmasq-discuss] Re: Dnsmasq-discuss Digest, Vol 34, Issue 6

Clinton Lee Taylor clintonlee.taylor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 12:12:37 GMT 2008

Greetings ...

> >  anyone know why the option 252 are not sent/requested ?
>
> It's entirely up to the DHCP-client which options to request.  And any
> DHCP-server will only send those options requested.
>
> If you tell us about the configuration of the client, someone on the
> list may know something.  But it is probably off-topic, as it's not a
> matter of changing the configuration of dnsmasq.

>dhcp-option=hotspot,252,http://10.20.10.254/proxy.pac
I have had problems with the above line myself, one with the url one
character short
so mine looks like this ...
# All options for DHCP and DNS WPAD ...
#
# set WPAD proxy location #
dhcp-option=252,"http://wpad/wpad.dat "

And I put it in the /etc/dnsmasq.d  as a file, so I can keep my main
conf file cleaner ...

Mailed
LeeT

P.S. Been using dnsmasq for better part of about 4 years and I think it kick's
a$$, thanks Simon. Wicked and easy to use daemon!